Here we are again with another amazing recipe for all the whiskey and food lovers, out there.
Grabs your kitchen tools and start creating this incredible recipe that will leave everyone wishing for more!
Walnut, Whiskey and Salted Caramel Pie
The name of this pie leaves anyone with water in their mouths. Let us start with the recipe so you can get on it rightaway!
- 200 grs walnuts
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 ½ tbsp. plain flour
- 30 ml Rye Whiskey
- Scraped seeds of 1 vanilla bean
- Pure Icing sugar and thickened cream or ice cream, to serve
- 1 2/3 cups plain flour
- 60 grams pure icing sugar, sieved
- 120 grams butter (chilled and coarsely chopped)
- 3 egg yolks
- 200 grams caster sugar
- 100 ml pouring cream
- 80 grams butter (coarsely chopped)
- Sweet pastry: In a food processor, combine the process flour, icing sugar and 1 tsp salt. Then add the butter and process until fine crumbs. Add the yolks and process to combine. Put the mixture onto a work surface and bring it together with the heel of your hand. Wrap in a plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 150C. Roast the walnuts in an oven tray until golden brown (around 10-15 minutes). Let it cool and in a food processor chop. Set aside.
- In a 25 cm diameter pie dish, lay the pastry and press evenly onto the base and up sides. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Salted Caramel: Stir the sugar and 80ml of water in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Make sure the sugar dissolved. Bring to boil and cook for around 6-8 minutes without stirring – until it becomes a dark caramel. Remove from heat and stir in the cream, butter, 100 ml of water and 1 ½ tsp salt. Return to heat and stir until smooth (1-1 ½ minutes). Let it cool.
- Preheat the oven to 170C. Whisk the eggs and yolks together in a bowl; add the caramel, flour, whiskey, vanilla seeds and a pinch of salt. Stir in the chopped walnuts and pour into the pastry case. Bake until set for around 25-35 minutes.
- Dust the icing sugar and serve with cream or ice cream.