Winter is coming, but this year it can be a lot warmer with Diageo’s new collection of Game of Thrones inspired whiskeys.
HBO and Diageo have teamed up to create an incredible collection of whiskeys, which includes a limited edition White Walker by Johnnie Walker Blended Scotch Whisky, and the Game of Thrones Single Malt Scotch Whisky Collection.
According to Dan Sanborn, senior vice president, culture and partnerships at Diageo, “Ground breaking partnerships continue to be a strategic initiative for Diageo as they foster exceptional creative collaboration and help showcase the breadth of our portfolio. We are very proud to have our collection of single malts and Johnnie Walker, the number one Scotch whisky brand in the world, collaborate with HBO’s most successful TV franchise to develop these limited-edition offerings for fans to collect and celebrate the final season of Games of Thrones.”
White Walker by Johnnie Walker
The White Walker will be the first to be release giving you a chilling start for your collection.
According to Jeff Peters, the vice president, licensing & retail at HBO, “We knew there was fan appetite for a Game of Thrones whisky and once we saw the vision from Johnnie Walker for a way to collaborate we knew the idea was perfect and the time was now. From the beginning, they understood that we wanted to create something special, and they have accomplished that with White Walker by Johnnie Walker. We’re confident fans will enjoy sipping this delicious whisky as they wait for season eight and beyond.”
This limited edition is named after the famous characters from the series, the White Walkers and is intended to be served chilled. The whisky specialist George Harper alongside a team of expert blenders developed this whisky with a blend of single malts from Cardhu and Clynelish.
According to the team, this whisky offers notes of caramelized sugar and vanilla, fresh red berries with a touch of orchard fruit.
Game of Thrones Single Malt Scotch whisky Collection
The eight whiskies featured in the single malt collection are paired with one of the iconic houses of Westeros, as well as the “Night’s Watch”.
- White Walker by Johnnie Walker – Around: $36 for 750ml; ABV 41.7%
- Game of Thrones House Tully – Singleton of Glendullan Select; Around $30 for 750ml; ABV 40%
- Game of Thrones House Stark – Dalwhinnie Winter’s Frost; Around $40 for 750ml; ABV 43%
- Game of Thrones House Targaryen – Cardhu Gold Reserve; Around $40 for 750ml; ABV 40%
- Game of Thrones House Lannister – Lagavulin 9 Year Old; Around $65 for 750ml; ABV 46%
- Game of Thrones House Greyjoy – Talisker Select Reserve; Around $45 for 750ml; ABV 45.8%
- Game of Thrones House Baratheon – Royal Lochnagar 12 Year Old; Around $65 for 750ml; ABV 40%
- Game of Thrones House Tyrell – Clynelish Reserve; Around $60 for 750ml; ABV 51.2%
- Game of Thrones The Night’s Watch – Oban Bay Reserve; Around $63 for 750ml; ABV 43%
This collection is expected to be released before the launch of season 8 of Game of Thrones (in 2019). Diageo will first release the White Walker, following the other eight single malt whiskies.
You should expect to see these for sale in fall in order to warm up your winter.