This article is for all the food and whisky lovers out there.
With the start of the New Year, we have decided to give you a list of food recipes, which include whisky. What better way to start 2019?
To start we will give you the insights to the most amazing chicken wings. Let us have a look.
Fireball Whiskey Chicken Wings
This will be your new favourite recipe. The sweet and spicy Fireball Whiskey glaze will elevate the chicken wings. This is a perfect recipe for any occasion!
Fireball Marinade and Chicken Wings
- 3 pounds of split chicken wings
- 1 tbsp. Fireball Whiskey
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Optional: ground red pepper for extra spice
Fireball Whiskey Sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Fireball Whiskey
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- Optional: ground red pepper for added heat
- kosher salt, pepper to taste
- Place the chicken wings in a large bowl and add all the ingredients of the marinade. Mix well until all the wings are coated and leave in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Cook the wings in the oven. Place the wings in a baking sheet and cook for 425 degree for 40-45 minutes. Halfway, flip the wings for an even cooking. To make them extra crispy, turn the broiler on for the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- For the fireball whiskey sauce, combine all the ingredients in a saucepan. Let them boil and whisk over medium low heat for 12 minutes
- Serve the wings with the sauce and enjoy!
Perfect to enjoy with friends or over a lazy Sunday.
Let the unique notes of the Fireball Whisky give a new twist to the traditional chicken wings.