January is almost over, which means that you are now ready to get back to make your homemade cocktails. As you know, we have given plenty of cocktail recipes throughout 2018, so now it’s time to tell you how to make the perfect cherries to go with it. Add the Bourbon Cherries to your Manhattan cocktail or to a Cherry Bourbon Mash as a garnish. It you are still not up for some cocktails, just nibble them on their own.
This incredibly easy recipe also makes for perfect gifts. Just jar the cherries and give them to a loved one or a neighbour in need.
Boozy Bourbon Cherries
- 3 ½ cups of Bourbon (of your choice)
- 2/3 cups granulated white sugar
- 4 cups of fresh sweet cherries – washed, pitted and stems removed
- Bring the bourbon and the sugar to a simmer in low heat, in a medium saucepan. Simmer until the sugar dissolved. Turn off the head and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Pack the cherries into two 25-ounce jars. Make sure they are tight without smashing them. Pour the syrup over the cherries until they are all covered.
- Place the lids on tight and store the jars in the refrigerator.
- Let them stay for a year before you can enjoy them!
As you have to wait a year to have the cherries ready to use, why not make them now and give them over Christmas? This will definitely impress your friends and it is so easy to make!