Summer days seem so far away, don’t they? Well, with the incredible Whisky BBQ sauce you will feel just like those days are back. Add the sauce to your favourite meaty recipe and enjoy anytime of the year.
Whisky BBQ Sauce
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- ½ cup shallot finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup Fireball whisky
- 1 ½ cups ketchup
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Saucy Mama chipotle mustard
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- In a large sauce pan heat the olive oil and the butter. Add the onion and the garlic and saute until tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover with a lid. Leave it cracked so some steam may escape.
- Simmer for an hour.
- Blend everything until smooth and store it in a jar in the refrigerator.
In the next article, we will give you some yummy recipes for you to use the Whisky BBQ sauce.